The art of Diamond painting is just like mosaic craft, in which the artist applies shiny resins onto a pre-glued canvas for painting. The purpose is to divide images into patterns for which small, glossy tiles are then used on canvas to make the design.
The idea of using paint with diamonds was started in Asia first, but then this art was appreciated in Europe, and now it is a widely spread craft in Russia. Other parts of the world identified Diamond Painting as mosaic art, diamond art, diamond stitch, paint with diamonds, or diamond embroidery.
Purpose of Diamond Painting:
People appreciated the diamond painting as more comforting than any other art because of the relaxing feel of placing the diamonds sequentially.
In circumstances where people live hectic lives, having an easy-to-follow activity that helps to explore your artistic self comes as a blessing. This is the reason why diamond art is considered the most preferred hobby these days.
Relief Work Stress:
Art is something that keeps our mental health from losing its sanity. It is so normal nowadays to come home fully drained and out of energy. And in order to muster up your energy, you require a hobby that also drains your physical energy. Moving ahead with the hobby that consumes your physical strength on a daily basis is challenging. This is why you require an activity like a diamond painting to encourage you through. It would relax your mind, relieve the stress without asking too much of strength.
Relax Your Mind:
It is very necessary to divert your mind from hectic work that helps your mood to be uplifted and reduce all negative energy. Then what can be a more suitable choice other than having an activity that gives you a sense of achievement, and that activity can be no other than a diamond painting.
A Productive Free Time Activity:
Diamond painting is actually a productive and fun time activity to do in your free time. Even you can make this free time hobby into a part-time profession by selling your masterpiece or making it the embellishment of your house.
Diamond Painting Kit:
Diamond Painting Kits usually have the following items included in them for completing the painting by the diamond art painter. You can buy All the Accessories for Diamond Art Paintings Separately also from any online store.
The kit of Diamond painting consists of the following items:
Of course, diamond painting is incomplete without having diamonds, and these diamonds are available in different colors and shapes. But remember that each diamond holds a different code that prints on its canvas and diamond packaging. In order not to get your painting ruined, it is essential to remember this code. The more colors you add, the more it will give details to your paintings.
Shapes of Diamond:
There are two shapes of diamonds used in this kind of art, and the shape of the diamond depends on your preference.
Round diamonds: The rounded shape diamonds are simpler and quicker to use. The color of canvas can easily be seen between the rounded curve of the diamonds, and this look is the preference of most painters.
Square diamonds: Although square-shaped diamonds take a bit longer to be placed, they fit without revealing the canvas. It will give the complete mosaic effect.
Canvas is another essential part of the diamond painting process; without it, a masterpiece cannot be created. The canvas has some numbers and symbols imprinted on it that match with the diamond’s colors. The layer of glue is covered on canvas to let the diamonds stick easily. Some canvases provide printed guides as well.
In order to make the comfortable process of transferring the diamonds back into their packaging, the tray has a bent edge.
Diamond Applicator Tool:
A handy diamond applicator is included in the diamond painting kit, which is cylindrical and shaped like a pen that is why it is sometimes recognized as a diamond application pen. In place of a nib, there is a hollow end for sticking and transferring the diamonds into the canvas efficiently from the tray. Glue or wax is used to easily allow diamonds to stick to the nibs.
Wax or Glue:
As mentioned above, wax or glue is applied for sticking diamonds into the pen nibs, so most kits include a small tube of it.
How to Create a Piece of Art With Diamond Painting:
Creating the art of diamond painting is simple and can be defined into three steps.
- Dip the pen’s nib into the strip of wax.
- Pick a diamond by touching the applicator to the diamond.
- Then place each diamond on the sticky canvas template.
That’s all! Enjoy the process and use your creativity until you are able to create a masterpiece Paint with Diamonds Arts.
Useful Diamond Painting Tips:
The following are some valuable tips for beginners in order to create a masterpiece.
- Select an easy section of the painting to start your work first.
- Place all materials on a smooth surface and organize everything for easy reach.
- Study the coded chart carefully on the canvas to know the colors in that section. Pick one color to start first.
- Place the rest of the diamonds in the provided tray.
- Slightly tray shaking will help the diamonds to settle with the flat side down.
- Gradually dismiss the plastic sheet from the canvas. But do not completely remove the plastic sheet as it will help you protect from the dirt or dust as well as it will not allow the adhesive to wear off.
- Start applying diamonds from the bottom corner of the design, skillfully working towards the upwards direction of the canvas.
- After completion of each session, cover the wax on the pen nib with cellophane. Cover the area on which you were painting from the plastic film.
- When the painting is finished, set the plastic protecting coating on the diamonds, use a slight object just like a book or rolling pin to press the canvas delicately and mildly to ensure diamonds firmly secure into place.
The art of Diamond Painting gives you various opportunities to grow both your mental and physical well-being. It is a comfortable way to reduce your anxiety levels and get a part-time hobby that gives you a sense of achievement.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Lifestyle category
Leave a Reply