If you have an interest in electronics and computing, it could be that white glove logistics is for you. In case you are not sure what the ‘white glove’ aspect means, this is a term used for working with hi-tech equipment.
There are many industries that rely heavily on white glove logistics, including:
- Medical & Healthcare – Complex MRI scanners, X-Ray machinery, CAT scanners and dentistry equipment are all moved into place by the white glove logistics provider.
- Fitness Studios – State-of-the-art fitness equipment is also under the domain of the white glove company, which also has to be configured, allowing a single employee to manage all the equipment from a single interface. With last mile delivery from Rhenus High Tech, the equipment is safely installed, configured and tested, ready for use.
- Banking Industry – ATMs all over the UK are installed by white glove technicians, who are industry approved to carry out such work, and this would include bankbook update and cash deposit machines. These machines are replaced often, as they wear out or become obsolete and only authorised technicians are allowed to handle ATMs.
- Data Centres – When you need to relocate your data centre, this is a job for the white glove logistics company. The team can install a new data centre, complete with racking, they can relocate and even dismantle data centres and all technicians are approved to work on such equipment. If it’s a career in real estate you’re after, click here.
- Touch Screen Information Boards – These are most definitely the future; indeed, you may have seen a few the last time you were in London and these delicate items need to be handled with care and installed and configured correctly, before the team leaves the machine online and working.
Rewarding & Challenging
With brand new equipment constantly coming onto the market, as a technician, you must attend workshops and seminars to acquaint you with new equipment, while also attending courses at the manufacturer’s factory to receive approval to work on the equipment.
Computing & Engineering
These are two disciplines that would be ideal for white glove logistics, as both are involved, while the actual logistics side of things is carried out using specialist lifts and platforms, so it isn’t a physical job, more of a technical one. If you would like to know more about training in white glove logistics, search online for white glove company in the UK, who might accept trainees, plus they can furnish you with the information you need to plan a career.
Never a Dull Moment
Once qualified, you would be working all over the UK and perhaps in Europe too and every day would be a new location and a new challenge, as you take possession of the consignment. Here is some information about travelling in Europe in 2021, as we are no longer part of the EU. You would be working in a wide range of industries and some of your time is spent learning about new equipment that is coming into use.
If you would like to take on the challenges required to graduate as a white glove technician, talk to a leading provider such as Rhenus Hi-Tech and they can help you.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Business category
Leave a Reply